Our annual life drawing show will take place on June 22, 6 to 9 pm in my studio.
I am very happy to be part of the 2018 Art in the Garden show in North Vancouver, organized by the North Vancouver community arts council.
This year, the tour will take place
Saturday, May 26th and Sunday, May 27th
12:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Gardener(s): Donna Oseen
Garden Address: 443 East Windsor Road
Fellow Artist(s): Guy Hollington & Elfi Redpath
Just to be in the mood, this is a video from last year’s Art in the Garden in Christine Hood’s garden with the jazz band Blue Bird Day
Two artists walk into a bar is the podcast produced by artist Carol McQuaid. In that case it was two artists walk into a Greek restaurant
You can listen to the podcast on iTunes, Carol is a great interviewer and this is episode number 4 of the series
Our Guest Artist: Sandrine Pelissier
Our Host Artist: Carol McQuaid
Our Bar: Anatoli’s on Lower Lonsdale in North Vancouver
Originally from France, North Vancouver artist Sandrine Pelissier has built a thriving career around creating art, initiating awesome community projects and finding innovative ways to share her knowledge with artists and art students around the world.
In this episode we’ll talk about:
* The realities of pursuing a career in art
* the benefits of sharing studio space, and how that community inspired Sandrine, together with artists Norman Vipond, to start the North Shore Art Crawl
* Organizing and hosting life drawing sessions in her studio. Watch for the group’s annual show each June
* Sandrine’s online art classes
* The Big Picture Art Project – started by Sandrine and Sophie Babeanu as part of North Vancouver’s annual Culture Days, where artists from around the world collaborate on a giant interactive digital mosaic
* Working on “balancing being an introvert working by myself in the studio with reaching out to the community. Social Media makes it easier for people like me”.
* Creating a rounded art career that combines creating art with various passive streams of income, such as her classes, books, licensing images, selling downloadable prints
* Falling in love with relief printmaking “Basically everything I like to do is condensed into this one art form”.
It was great to meet with visitors last weekend for the North Shore Art Crawl and let them see my working space, new art works and ask questions about my process.
I had a little hand-son activity set up for the crawl where you could make a 8 pages booklet from one sheet of paper.
Finally this week I had the pleasure of giving a studio tour to a group registered to the: Exploring the North Vancouver Art Scene tour from the West Vancouver community arts council. They also visited : Lorn Curry, Susanna Blunt and Marcus Bowcott
Congratulations Muriel !!
You can see Muriel’s testimonial here.
Muriel wins a $50 gift certificate
This technique has been developed with The Big Picture Art Project in mind. The Big Picture Art Project is a collective art work where artists from all over the world are sharing stories in drawings.
Here are some other posts that can give you some ideas and inspiration to participate in this one of a kind art project: