I am very happy to have my landscape paintings as well as many flower paintings in the Pitt Meadows Art Gallery from Sept 11 to October 7.
This is a wonderful small gallery on Harris road, here are a few pictures of the installation:
It is finally there!
My Book, Painting Imaginary Flowers: Beautiful Blooms and Abstract Patterns in Mixed Media is now available online.
Forgo reference photos and discover a more organic and joyful way of painting! With its friendly step-by-step format, Painting Imaginary Flowers features a simple, three-stage approach to creating flowers only you can make …
Ten demonstrations show the versatility of this approach—from large-format pieces, to work in a series and even Zen doodle landscapes. Never again will you be stuck for ideas or dependent on a photo. Every flower you paint will be unique, personal, and fresh from your imagination!
Let your imagination blossom!
Wondering how painting from imagination look like? Check this time lapse video and see the process from start to finish.
We are passionate about making art accessible. We believe that if you can write, you can draw.
Every year we organize a Culture Days event that will reveal the artist in you in a fun and relaxed environment.
We truly believe that art is for everyone and we designed a fun activity that will have you make a unique picture, easily and in no time. All you have to do is relax and let your imagination do all the work.
This activity is suitable for kids all ages as well as for adults, even the adults who could not draw to save their life.
If you like the picture you made, Sophie and Sandrine will help you upload it to the Big Picture Art Project, and online collective art project where artists from everywhere in the world are sharing drawings and stories.
Sunday Sept 30 : 10 am to 4 pm
We just held our end of the year show at Simply drawing. It is held in my studio every year in June.
A big thank you to all the visitors and the talented artists who participated.
Our group is now taking a break until September, when our classes will resume every Thursday from 6.30 to 9.30 pm.
Our annual life drawing show will take place on June 22, 6 to 9 pm in my studio.
I am very happy to be part of the 2018 Art in the Garden show in North Vancouver, organized by the North Vancouver community arts council.
This year, the tour will take place
Saturday, May 26th and Sunday, May 27th
12:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Gardener(s): Donna Oseen
Garden Address: 443 East Windsor Road
Fellow Artist(s): Guy Hollington & Elfi Redpath
Just to be in the mood, this is a video from last year’s Art in the Garden in Christine Hood’s garden with the jazz band Blue Bird Day
Two artists walk into a bar is the podcast produced by artist Carol McQuaid. In that case it was two artists walk into a Greek restaurant
You can listen to the podcast on iTunes, Carol is a great interviewer and this is episode number 4 of the series
Our Guest Artist: Sandrine Pelissier
Our Host Artist: Carol McQuaid
Our Bar: Anatoli’s on Lower Lonsdale in North Vancouver
Originally from France, North Vancouver artist Sandrine Pelissier has built a thriving career around creating art, initiating awesome community projects and finding innovative ways to share her knowledge with artists and art students around the world.
In this episode we’ll talk about:
* The realities of pursuing a career in art
* the benefits of sharing studio space, and how that community inspired Sandrine, together with artists Norman Vipond, to start the North Shore Art Crawl
* Organizing and hosting life drawing sessions in her studio. Watch for the group’s annual show each June
* Sandrine’s online art classes
* The Big Picture Art Project – started by Sandrine and Sophie Babeanu as part of North Vancouver’s annual Culture Days, where artists from around the world collaborate on a giant interactive digital mosaic
* Working on “balancing being an introvert working by myself in the studio with reaching out to the community. Social Media makes it easier for people like me”.
* Creating a rounded art career that combines creating art with various passive streams of income, such as her classes, books, licensing images, selling downloadable prints
* Falling in love with relief printmaking “Basically everything I like to do is condensed into this one art form”.